SPACIOUS ACCOMMODATION FOR UP TO 4 GUESTS
The Old Reading Rooms is a Grade II Listed town house offering spacious accommodation for up to 4 guests over three floors together with a courtyard to the rear of the property.
This Grade II Listed town house offers a wealth of character features and is believed to date back to 1887 to commemorate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. The foundation stone is believed to have been laid by William Hancock on the 24th June 1887 and the Reading Room was opened a year later. Originally the ground floor was divided into two reading rooms, one for the public and the other for subscribers and on the first floor originally housed a billiard room and a snuggery.
The property has now been converted into a superb holiday accommodation for up to 4 guests. The entrance hall leads into a 30' kitchen/dining room with high ceiling, cornices, stained glass windows, and attractive timbered floor there is a cloakroom and rear porch with access to courtyard. Off the hallway at the foot of the stairs, is a walk-in shower with hand basin.
Stairs lead up to the first floor which opens out into a magnificent double storey lounge and also has the bedroom and a family bathroom together with a galleried bedroom which is reached by a large spiral staircase from which superb views can be enjoyed.